The latest news on your dental care during the Coronavirus Outbreak
Thank you for your understanding as we continue to support each other in these challenging times.
Although we have moved into another lockdown we would like to reassure our patients all routine appointments and emergencies will be continuing as normal. We understand some patients may wish to defer their appointments, if so please get in contact with our reception team and they will be happy to help you
If you have a dental emergency, we are here to advise and support you.
Call us on 01206 751175 or complete the form below or email us at email@example.com
Our phone lines are open between 8.30am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Outside these times please leave us a message and we will return your call as soon as possible, or if your enquiry is more urgent please view our advice on managing your dental needs at home or ring 111.
Best wishes for your health and wellbeing.
During this ever changing and unprecedented situation we will provide regular updates.
Here is what your dental team is doing to help keep you safe and comfortable while looking after your oral health.
Changes before arrival:
- We are contacting all patients to check they are feeling well. Nobody with any signs of COVID-19 can come to the surgery.
- Our door will be locked, so only expected patients can enter.
- Arrive alone (unless you require a carer/parent/guardian) and on time, rather than early, to minimize your time in the waiting room.
Changes to your wait:
- Protective barrier at reception.
- Sanitize your hands on arrival.
- Waiting room reorganized for social distancing. It is cleaned between each patient and anything that isn’t easy to disinfect has been removed.
- You will be asked to wear a protective facemask and your belongings will be put into a secure box that will go into the surgery with you.
Changing the way we work:
- Well ventilated room.
- We are asking all patients to use a mouthwash before a procedure.
- No rinsing, your mouth will be cleared with suction. The little sink may be removed or covered.
- Non urgent procedures may be delayed.
- The dental team is wearing extra protective equipment.
- Equipment is sterilized.
- We’re using equipment and techniques with a lower risk of spray.
- We’re allowing more time between patients for thorough cleaning.
Changes when you leave
- Pay with contactless if you can
- All out pens and worksurfaces are wiped down between each patient visiting the front desk.
- Where possible forms are being given to patients to fill out at home to reduce the time within the practice.
- Collect your belongings when leaving and a member of staff will open the door for you.
Last updated 05/11/2020.